List Of Departments
- Community Medicine & Family Medicine
- Forensic Medicine &Toxicology
- General Medicine
- General Surgery
- Hospital Administration
- Obs & Gynae
- Pharmacology And Therapeutics
- Physical Medicine & Rehabilitation
- Pulmonary Medicine
- Transfusion Medicine
- AYUSH Department
Our country being a tropical country is home to various infectious diseases and pathogens. Infectious diseases account for most significant cause of morbidity and mortality in our community. Eastern Uttar Pradesh is endemic to several infectious diseases like Japanese Encephalitis, Dengue, Malaria and Kala azar which are important cause of illness esp. in children. Department of Microbiology at AIIMS Gorakhpur provides the diagnostic support for all such infectious diseases. It is also engaged in providing services related to Biomedical waste management, Hospital infection control and Antimicrobial resistance surveillance in the hospital.
Medical Microbiology is one of the subjects of 2nd prof in MBBS curriculum. Our goal of UG teaching is “To provide an understanding of the infectious diseases in order to deal with the aetiology, pathogenesis, laboratory diagnosis, treatment and control of infections”
CURRENT FACILITIES / ACTIVITIES
- COVID-19 testing (Antigen method)
- Hospital infection control related activities
- Training of various staff in infection prevention and control related activities
- Biomedical Waste management services
Ongoing: Teaching of MBBS undergraduate students during 2nd Professional year.
GOALS AND OBJECTIVES
- To prepare the UG students to handle the challenges posed by infectious diseases.
- To provide state of art diagnostic services related to infectious diseases with special emphasis on arthropod borne illness.
- To thrive for excellence in research suited to local needs.
- Starting Antimicrobial Stewardship Program
- Promoting Standard Hospital infection Control related practices (Occupational Hazards, Needle Stick Injury Management)
- Implementing Quality Control practices in Lab (SOP, EQAS etc)
- Providing advanced diagnostic service with latest technology
- Starting the post graduate courses PDCC, MD Microbiology