List Of Departments
“Nursing is one of the fine arts: ‘the finest of fine arts.’” —Florence Nightingale.
“The best way to find yourself is to lose yourself in the service of others.” —Mahatma Gandhi
The College of Nursing at AIIMS Gorakhpur was established under the Pradhan MantriSwastya Suraksha Yojana (PMSSY) in April 2022 with its first batch of B.Sc. (Hons) Nursing with an annual intake of 60 students. Students are admitted through the all-India entrance test conducted by AIIMS, New Delhi. The Four Year B.Sc. (Hons) Nursing Undergraduate Degree Course was initiated to keep in pace with the rapid advancement in Health and Nursing Sciences. The institute upgraded to offer Post-graduate, MSc(N) Degree in nursing in October 2022 with five specialities including Community Health Nursing (02 seats), Paediatric Nursing (02 seats), Obstetrics and Gynaecological Nursing ( 02 seats), Critical care Nursing ( 02 seats) and Psychiatric Nursing (02 seats) respectively.
The College of Nursing with its dedicated and competent faculty strive to be among the leading nursing college of academic quality, with an aim to promote value-based education, create qualified professionals and dynamic leaders with a global perspective.
- Academic training:
- Academic Sessions: are held at lecture theatres & laboratories located at 4th floor of MNC building, AIIMS Gorakhpur satisfying the basic educational amenities of the students and scaling up their hands on skills.
- Foundation Course: Every induction program conducted for B.Sc. (Hons) Nursing includes 15 days of foundation course module deliberated by various senior professors & experts on communication, IPR, Ethics, professional adjustments, moral values, personality development etc. to develop positive attitude towards chosen profession.
- Integrated Teaching& Learning: Introduction of Yoga & Meditation is incorporated in the teaching learning process for the students to understand professional concepts and develop critical & applicative thinking in the real world to have unique learning experience.
- Clinical Competence Training: Clinical postings are planned & executed for the students to get hands on skills experience at OPD, IPD & speciality areas of AIIMS, Gorakhpur.
- Research Facility: College of nursing is in growing phase of initiating research in the minds of faculty and students through systematic research process. Faculty are motivated to take up research projects with intramural and extramural research grants.
- Continuing Nursing Education Cell: College of nursing inaugurated the CNE cell at AIIMS, Gorakhpur to update faculty, students and nurses with recent trends in medical & nursing field. Faculty development program (FDP) and Professional development programmes are regularly conducted through this cell.
- Training of Trainers (TOT) Program: Initial venture of CNE cell conducted a 6 days TOT program for nursing officers & post graduate students on infection prevention & control.
- Clubs: RANGLEELA club is launched by college of nursing for the students to participate in extracurricular competitions and cultural activities. Posters and Rangolis are made by the students to feel the vibes of colours.
1. To deliver quality teaching and learning experiences
2. To train skilled nurses to deliver holistic, high-quality patient care while adhering to the highest ethical standards.
3. To encourage an open mind for creative, evidence-based nursing research.
4. To inculcate socially driven values among students for outreach services in the community.
5. To enable & prepare nursing professionals for future health care challenges and entrepreneurship.
6. To educate and develop clinically competent, research-focused nurses, in order to assure high-quality, evidence-based nursing care at an affordable cost for each individual, family, and community at large.
The College of nursing strives for excellence based on its 5 core values.